Information System Security Engineer
Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- Execute all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
- Handle incident response activities for the large organization, and coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
- Communicate alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems
- Assist with the implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices
- Execute periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external web integrity scans to determine compliance
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results
10+ years information security engineering experience. Strong knowledge of developing Security Network Design Architectures and Secure Systems.
Master’s Degree and certified as CISSP-ISSAP or CISSP-ISSEP
Apply for this position